NEW: Hybrid Services in sanctuary
and online via Zoom
– LPC Sanctuary Open for 20 – starting October 2
Protocols for Entry and Departure for Indoor Worship Services
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
- Wear a mask- Everyone must wear masks (correctly over the nose and mouth). If you forgot your mask, please take one provided. Anyone who is not comfortable wearing a mask, please remain home (attend online services if available/possible).
- Please arrive 10 minutes early– 9:50 AM, to allow time for the required protocols.
- Six feet — Use social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Entry/Wait for a temperature check –Each person will get their temperature checked before coming into the sanctuary.
- COVID-19 Questions — Each person, every week, will read and sign a sheet of COVID-19 screening questions before coming into the sanctuary. You may bring yours from home pre-signed.
- Clean pens — Please bring your own pen or use a clean pen provided to sign the screening sheet. Deposit the church pen in the “used pen” box.
- Use hand sanitizer – which will be provided, when entering and exiting the building.
- Offerings – can be deposited into collection basket as people enter or exit the sanctuary.
- Following arrows – If the number of people present warrants using arrows, please use colored painter’s tape on the ground to direct the flow of traffic (no cross-traffic).
- Metal chairs – are placed 6 feet apart. Members of the same household can sit together.
- A maximum of 23 people are allowed in the sanctuary: 3 people in the cancel area (Pastor, musician and one other) and 20 worshipers sitting in the sanctuary space.
- Do not share any physical items – Bulletins laid out separately may be available in the Narthex. Hymnals and Bibles have been removed. Readings and hymns will be shown on the large screen. Microphones will not be shared among congregants or leaders during a service.
- No singing – all are invited to hum quietly in our masks.
- Communion Bags – On LPC’s Communion Sundays, individual Communion Bags will be available for people to pick up upon entering the Sanctuary. (Each person is responsible to remove the used communion bag upon leaving. A receptacle will be available.)
- One restroom is open for Sunday morning use, the handicap assessable bathroom near the kitchen. The restroom will be disinfected between services (see page 3 for more details)
- Keep fresh air circulating in the room (windows & fans) before, during and after the services. Pastor Diane works on Sundays well after both services, so Plan A could be that she is the one to close up any windows and shut off fans in the afternoon.
- Like exiting an airplane, those closest to the doors exit the sanctuary first.
- Departure/No Coffee Hour/meals/meeting in groups – Everyone is asked to leave the building immediately after worship and not to congregate, maintaining space of at least six feet.
- Closed – The pastor’s office, church office, kitchen, classrooms and lounge are closed.
NOTE: Until further notice there will be no Nursery Care. Sunday School will be offered virtually. Children will remain with parents at their seat in the sanctuary.